August 3, 2010

Day 8: I Don't Believe In Coincidence

I've been thinking a lot about the miracle of life lately. I'll chalk that up to the little one inside of me. The movements amaze me all the time. Dallin and I fall in love with this sweet baby even more every day. And Dallin teases it already. :) This poor kid doesn't even realize the torment it will receive in later years. :) But really, whenever I think about the development process, about how a baby starts out as cells that are constantly dividing and multiplying that eventually form hands, feet, bones, eyes, hair, etc., it just baffles me. And it makes me understand why I was so tired in the first trimester. Holy. Cow. That's all I have to say about that.

I remember when we went in for our 20 week ultrasound and we got to see the 4 chambers of the heart working overtime to help this babe develop. Dallin and I were in awe. At 20 weeks, that little heart was already working, and working well, to continue the growing process. What a miracle. How could anyone deny the existence of a higher power when witnessing something as spectacular as that? Alma 30:44 reads, "yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." How could we look at this world or feel the movements of an unborn baby or watch as our fingers flow with ease over a keyboard and say, there can't be a God? He is everywhere. And He is real. I know that without a shadow of a doubt. He has heard and answered too many prayers to not be real. I don't believe in coincidence. I believe in God. He is the supreme creator and the ultimate judge. And I look forward to the day when I can stand in His presence and thank Him for all He and His Son did for me. But first, I gotta prove myself worthy. So, here's to trying.

No comments: