December 1, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup

This is one of Dallin and my new favorites! We eat it like every two weeks :) Andrea Calaway was the first person to introduce us to this soup, but I didn't have her recipe, so I found a similar one online and then tweaked where I saw fit! Here's my recipe for all interested parties.

Butternut Squash Soup

1 1/2 Butternut Squashes, peeled and diced
1/2 Onion, diced
3 Cups Water
2 Cubes Chicken Bouillon
1 Can Chicken Broth
Franks Hot Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce) to taste
2 tsp Basil
2 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Marjoram
1 1/4 8-ounce Packages Cream Cheese
Bacon

In a soup pot, mix together all ingredients, minus the cream cheese. Let boil for 25 minutes or until squash is tender. In food processor or blender, puree the squash mixture with the cream cheese until smooth. Pour back into soup pot on low heat and heat through, but don't boil. Serve with crumbled bacon on top and enjoy!

This soup really is delicious, pretty fast and very easy! The longest/hardest part is just peeling and dicing the squash, but it is totally worth it! Hope you all enjoy it on those cold winter nights. :)

(This is a very filling soup, too.)

1 comment:

Melyssa Quigg said...

I wish I could get Allan to eat squash cause this sounds AMAZING!!! Although, if I tell him there's bacon in it he may be willing to try it! Ha! Love ya Ash!