January 25, 2013

Midnight Musings From a Sleep Deprived Mother

I'm typing this all out on my phone as I sit and feed the worlds hungriest newborn. He's growing like a weed. A very cute, chunky weed.

This morning before Dallin left for school, we were talking about how we wanted to look like we did 5 years ago- when we started "talking". We both commented that that seemed so long ago, that it was almost hard to remember. I specifically said, "I can't really remember what it was like, just the two of us. It seems like we've been parents forever." Dallin wisely responded, "it was good. This is better." I whole-heartedly agree.

Even with the sleepless nights, the temper tantrums, the stretch marks and the growing pile of laundry that seems to multiply by the minute, I wouldn't trade this job for anything. I live for the moments of Claire giving me kisses and telling me she loves me, the moments when Declan is half asleep and smiles and giggles, Claire jumping off the couch yelling "to infinity and beyond!", getting lost in the deep blue eyes of Declan. Being the mother of these two children is the most difficult, rewarding job I will ever do, and I love it.

These two and Dallin are my happy ever after. They're the ones I get to spend eternity with. The ones I want to go "to infinity and beyond" with. This is my dream come true.


No comments: