May 11, 2011

Lights! Camera! Action!

I've had my windows open since 9 am and my house still faintly smells of popcorn. That could be because I popped about 30 (give or take) quarts of popcorn yesterday. It was pretty sweet. Literally. I made Kettle Corn and Caramel Corn. Both were hits. I made all this popcorn for my Relief Society activity last night. I was in charge of decorations and popcorn fit in perfectly. This is the invitation I made for the night-


Isn't it cute?? I got the idea from some invitation website and recreated it in Photoshop Elements (good heavens I love that program!)

I had a general idea of what I wanted the centerpieces to look like, but I just wasn't sure how I was going to pull it off. Luckily, 2nd ward had an activity with almost the same theme a few weeks ago and I was able to borrow a lot of decorations from them. Angie Eller, you are the best!!

So, here was how it turned out. I have never gotten so many compliments in my life. It felt so good. All the hard work was so worth it.

The food table centerpiece

Full view of the food table (that food was so delicious too. Kendell Prestwich, you are an amazing cook!)
Table centerpieces

I made those little film reels. I was so proud of myself! :) They looked really cute on the tables too, so I think the hours of cutting and spray painting were worth it :)

Full room view

The Stage. We had a talent show after dinner and all the performers were wonderful.

Thank you to all the ladies who helped me to decorate and donated their time, resources and talents! It was such a fun night!

1 comment:

chenry said...

Your decor turned out so cute and I'm sure the pics don't do justice to the real thing. Way to go Ash!