June 12, 2012

Memorial Day

Say what?! Where did the time go? Suddenly it's June 12 and Memorial Day was a little more than 2 weeks ago. I'm so behind! In my defense, I was in Washington for a week helping out my MIL with my BIL's graduation. So, there's my excuse. :)

Dallin and I decided we wanted to go to Lincoln City for Memorial Day and luckily, it was beautiful! It was cold and windy, but the skies were clear, so we were happy. We hit the beach (Claire enjoyed it a lot more this time) the Tanger Outlets and, our new favorite, Figaro's Pizza. Seriously Best. Pizza. Ever. All in all, it was a fabulous day.



 This was our second attempt at taking a family picture. Right as the timer went off, the waves came crashing in. (The tide was just starting to come in.) This was us racing toward the camera to save it from certain death by drowning. Thankfully, we got it in the nick of time!






This was Dallin's attempt at a Sand Castle. Considering he had no tools, I'd say it was a success!

We're so grateful to the men and women who have fought for the freedom we enjoy in this Country. I'm also grateful to the people who are still fighting for our freedom today, whether they are in battle or here on the home front. God Bless America.

{Picture I took last year on Memorial Day at the Othello Cemetery)

No comments: