July 26, 2012

Oh, What Do You Do in the Summertime?

I looked at my last post and realized it's been over a month since I last posted on here! My goodness how time flies. We've been so busy, sometimes it feels like we've barely caught our breath when we move onto another thing. At the end of June, Dallin and I both got food poisoning (yuck!) Dallin got it much worse than me and we ended up in the ER one morning after a particularly bad night. Needless to say, it will probably be a long time before either of us eats at that restaurant again!

Claire swimming at Rachel and Chad's in June. She's a total water bug!

 The first week in July, as is tradition, we headed to Priest Lake with the Calaway's and had ourselves a wonderful, relaxing time! The water was FREEZING this year, so the majority of us didn't get in the lake until Friday, when it was super hot! Janelle, we're convinced, is part mermaid, seeing as she was in the water almost everyday for hours at a time. Seriously, I don't know how she did it, but she was in the lake constantly!

For some reason, my SD card wouldn't work and I didn't figure out how to format it to my camera until Friday, so I took the smallest amount of photos this year than I ever have. I still need to get a bunch from Jeff and Valerie, so once I do that, there will be more documentation of our trip :)

Claire "swimming" in Priest Lake

The Firework show at Kalispell Bay. It was AMAZING!

The group floating on tubes, working on tans :)
 After Priest Lake, we headed back to Pasco for a few days with my family and then finally headed back down to Salem mid-week. I had my 14 week appointment and a presidency meeting and so I figured it was time to get back to real life. We miss being around family!

14 weeks!

Claire on her cousins trike. I think I know what we'll be getting her for her birthday!

Two of Claire's favorite cousins, Emiline and Savannah.
 Now that we're back down in Oregon, harvest has begun and the craziness has taken over our lives! Dallin has probably slept in our bed 5 times in the last 2-3 weeks, which stinks, but that's life in the summer time. Claire and I have gone out to the fields where Dallin is working the last few days and Claire absolutely LOVES it out there. She loves the tractors, she loves running wild in the fields and I love picking blackberries from all the wild blackberry bushes that surround the field. There are thousands upon thousands of blackberries! They're just barely starting to ripen, so as the season wears on, I will be out there more and more so I can store up tons of berries for the winter. And the best part? They're free! My favorite part of the summer is picking blackberries out at the fields. So fun!

Claire making sure Dad's truck is all safe and secure!

She picked up hay off the ground that the baler missed and tried sticking it back on the bale. It didn't really work.

Once she discovered she could sit and stand on the bales, she didn't want to get off!


Claire's first tractor ride with Daddy!

Riding with Uncle Derek while he stacked bales.


Claire and Mom! I had the camera focused way too close, so that's why part of Claire's head got cut off. She wouldn't let me take another picture with her after this. Ahh well! We got one cute one, that's all that matters, right??

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Look at all your freeeckles! So jealous of your dark hair, blue eye, and freckle combo!

chenry said...

My little farm girl! She looks so grown up and a lot like you back in the day. Miss you all!

Mikalla said...

How cute! Man, I wish we had berries around our fields - we just have dead grass. :)

LKP said...

the 2nd & 4th photos from the bottom are JUST DARLING! same goes for your adorable little tummy. can't believe how time has flown! ::hugs::

Andrea said...

What a fun group of pictures. I love the one of your daughter walking thorugh the fields away from the tractor. I love how pictures tell a story. Congrats on your pregnancy.