June 19, 2011

My Main Squeeze

I've attended a couple of weddings this weekend and can I just tell you how grateful I am for my AMAZING husband? I was reminded of that over-the-moon in love feeling I had for him when were dating, engaged, and first married and that super excited feeling I would always get anytime I saw him. I still get those feelings all the time, but it's fun to remember the excitement of your wedding day and to reflect on those wonderful blessings that marriage brings. I'm so grateful that he is mine for eternity.

As I have looked back on the last 3 years I have learned a few things about Dallin.


First, he's SUCH a hard worker. I don't know that I appreciated it the first summer we were married, but oh goodness, do I appreciate it now. He loves to be active and employed and hates standing still.

Second, his integrity. That man is so honest and is always concerned about whether he has been totally open and honest with all he deals with. I appreciate that so much in him. I know he is ALWAYS honest with me and I trust him 100%.



Third, his love for the Gospel. He is always striving to improve himself and loves to share the Gospel message with everyone he meets. He takes after his Grandpa Val Calaway. He's not afraid to share what he believes with anyone!



Fourth, (something I have discovered in the last 8 months) he's an amazing father. I always knew he would be a great father, but I didn't expect his total and complete love and adoration for his little girl. Claire will never doubt she is loved by her daddy because he is ALWAYS lovin on her! He can't get enough of her and always tells me how much he misses her when he's gone at work. (I have to remind him that he misses me too) ;-)



And last, but most certainly not least, he is so incredibly attractive. I remember the first time I met him (when I was 18 and he was 22) I pretty much went weak in the knees. Oh goodness, I was a fool for that boy. And I acted the part well, too. He tells me I was annoying and loud (I was) but I just wanted his attention! :) When he came and picked me up for my first date, I remember opening the door, seeing him standing there and me getting all tongue tied and nervous. I thought he was so hot and, well, I still do. Sometimes I look at him and think, "why'd he pick me again??"

I love this man so much and am so incredibly grateful for all he has done and continues to do for our little family. He's the perfect man for me! I love you babe! Happy Father's Day!

No comments: