September 17, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I just realized I never did a post on Labor Day weekend! Silly me. We have kind of started a tradition of going to Ellensburg for the Labor Day weekend so that we can watch Dallin's three youngest siblings show their steers at the fair. This year though, I came up early because my sister Jennifer was visiting my family in Pasco. So, Claire and I headed up Wednesday afternoon and played with my family until Thursday evening. It was fabulous! I even got to do a "girls day out" with my 3 sisters and Mom. There haven't been too many occasions lately where all 4 of us girls get to hang out sans kids with our Mom, so this was a rare treat. (Ok, Claire was actually with us, but she was a little gem the entire time we were getting our pedi's, so it was like she wasn't even there!) :)

Pedi's!



Our pretty feet. :) Clockwise from the top- Jen, Rachel, Me, Tara

The 5 Henry girls. L-R: Me, Tara, Mom, Rachel, Jen


On my drive between Pasco and Ellensburg, I just had to pull over on the side of the road and capture the amazing sunset. It was beautiful. I love Eastern Washington sunsets, they're my favorite.




The fair was wonderful, as always. Too much greasy, delicious food, lots of stinky animals (which Claire LOVED) and an entertaining Extreme Bulls and Rodeo. The kids did great. Bradley, who is now at BYU-I ended his showing career with a bang and won Grand Champion in fitting and showing. Seriously, he is an amazing showman and his steer looked fantastic. If he wouldn't have gotten it, I think I would have given the judge a piece of my mind. (Because, you know, I'm an expert on all things steer-related. Or not.) All three kids did awesome though, and we were so proud of them! Nice job, guys!

Here are a few pictures from the Rodeo on Monday.

Claire decided looking at the camera was not nearly as entertaining as all the horses running around the arena. I don't blame her.

Once again, we couldn't pull her attention away from the horses. Ahh well.

She cheered so loud whenever anyone would start clapping, it was hilarious. Can you tell by the look on her face how serious she was about cheering? :)

All in all, it was a great weekend with lots of family, food and fun and we loved every minute of it! Thanks Mom and Dad for letting Claire and I crash at your house for a night and thank you Jeff and Valerie for letting us join in on the party that is fair weekend. We love you all!

No comments: