July 18, 2014

Life With 3

Adjusting to 3 has been, well, an adjustment. Things have been neglected (take this blog for instance!) and I am learning how to let go of the unnecessary in order to make my life easier. Lucy feels like she has always been apart of this family, much like Claire felt like she was always here and Declan felt like he was always here. Life before kids is a distant memory, almost like a dream. But this reality we are currently in is so much better than when it was just the two of us. Though the sleepless nights are short and the days seem far too long at times, I am learning to find joy and happiness in this stage of life.

{source}
Last night the house was finally picked up and {somewhat} clean, the kids were fast asleep and Dallin and I sat awake talking about this crazy life we have at the moment. I really am enjoying where I am and what I am doing, and I really am not wishing it away or wishing it would go faster, because heaven knows it's already going fast enough (Lucy is almost 4 months old!)

My happy {almost} 4 month old, fresh out of the tub.

I am, however, looking forward to the days when we can go on bike rides and fun vacations together as a family.

I look forward to the day when the kids will come talk to me about homework and friends and confide in me their fears and misgivings.

I look forward to the day when I can tell them how important they are, that they have such infinite worth and they start to glimpse their true potential.

I look forward to the day when I can cheer them on in their sports, music, theatrical performances, etc. and when I can let them know I am their biggest fan.

I look forward to all that the future has to offer for this growing family of mine, but oh how I am loving the simplicity of the life we lead right now. At times it seems mundane (and to be truthful, it sometimes is) but I am finding the beauty in it. Never again will life be so simple. It will be filled with sports practices and piano recitals and homework and church activities. So for now, I am finding joy in this particular stretch of my journey and hoping I can look back on it with fondness and no regrets. Because I know one day I will miss these piles and piles of laundry.

I attempted to get a picture of my 3 kiddos and this was the best we got. To be honest, it perfectly captures these 3 little personalities!

2 comments:

chenry said...

You're so wise to enjoy each stage! When you get to the homework, sports, music, scouts and taxi driver stage, you will look back with fond memories and wish life could go back to when the kids were all contained within your walls (instead of at friends) and you didn't have friend issues and drama to deal with! It will be nice when they can all get in and out of their car seats by themselves!!

Anonymous said...

成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天