Dallin and I were talking about the goals we wanted to set for this coming year and how we were going to accomplish them. We also talked about our fears, reservations, and other things that have held us back in the past. We decided that this year, we needed to take more action and become the people we want to be, but more importantly, the people our Heavenly Father wants us to be. So we decided we needed to SEE the attributes that we wanted to have, BELIEVE in the possibility of achieving those attributes and then, eventually, BECOME those attributes.
We both realized that we haven't taken too many steps outside our comfort zones since we've been married and decided it's time to change that. The only way to grow is to go someplace you've never been and do things you've never done. So, this is us, deciding to change. It's pretty scary, I'm not gonna lie. But it's also very exciting and I can't wait to dig in. Here are some things that I have personally decided to work on for 2011.
- Lose the last of this baby weight. It's time people! And I have P90X waiting for me, ready to absolutely kick my trash. It should be interesting.
- Improve my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I haven't spent nearly enough time on my knees lately. It's time for my pants to get some holes worn in the knees.
- Read and study the Scriptures. And love it.
- Perform more acts of service. When I lived in Rexburg, I had opportunities thrown at me almost DAILY to serve people. Now, I have to work harder at finding those opportunities, but I will find them and I will become more selfless.
- Walk more. Sit less. Along with this will also be- less time in front of flat screens. I sit way too much. And I am in front of flat screens too much. So, I am going to try and cut back on the blogging and facebooking and all other computer related things. I just read a study recently about how people who sit the majority of their day will ultimately have a shorter life span than someone who is on their feet more. I need to be more active and get outside more. My little miss needs the fresh air too. We're gonna put that stroller of hers to good use.
PS- Claire is 3 months! I will post some pictures and let you know all the fun new things our little bug is doing these days.