Oh Valentine's Day. I've always had mixed feelings about this little holiday. Ironically enough, it was always when I was in a relationship that I hated Valentine's Day. I know, weird right? I guess I just figured I was buying someone else's husband a Valentine gift. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Last night Dallin and I were driving from Yakima to Ellensburg and I asked him the top 5 things that are making him happy right now. I thought those would probably symbolize what he loves the most, right? His answers didn't disappoint.
1. Me. I am the #1 thing making him happy. I would hope that was the #1 answer. :)
2. Claire. How can she not make you happy?!
3. The Gospel. Faith, Hope and Charity are pretty much the essentials of making a happy life, wouldn't you say?
4. Freedom. In light of the recent events in Egypt, freedom just seems to be even more precious these days.
5. Work. Dallin is one of the hardest workers I know and is such an amazing provider. I am grateful for his ability to work and his love of it. He's amazing.
So then, he asked me what my top 5 are. Here they are-
1. Him. He makes me so happy. He teases and jokes and makes me laugh all the time. He tells me he loves me on a daily basis and always comments on how beautiful he thinks I am. He gives me everything I could ever need. For that, I am truly grateful.
2. Claire. Her smiles, her laughing (videos of that to come), the way her face lights up when something connects. She makes life worthwhile.
3. The Gospel. (Are you sensing a theme here?)
5. My ability and love for creating. I love to be in the kitchen creating new dishes and treats. I love taking photographs and editing them. I love doing crafts and beautifying my home, making it feel more like a home and less like the little apartment that it is. :)
Those are our top 5 things making us happy. Life is amazing and we're feeling so grateful for everything we've been given. We have so much love in our family and we want to wish you all a very Happy Valentines Day!