August 6, 2010

Day 11: My Educators

{source}

I'm going to be the first person to admit that I don't know everything. In fact, I have A LOT to learn. I have discovered though, that I love to learn. (Of course I am realizing this as I am three months away from delivering a baby and haven't gotten my bachelors degree yet. Awesome.) I am totally planning on finishing school and getting my degree, but that might be a little ways down the road.

Today, however, I am not focusing on my lack of knowledge or my lack of a bachelors degree. Today, I am focusing on all those people who, throughout my life, have taught me; my educators. I want to thank you all. I want to thank those who singled me out in classes when I was struggling and gave me the confidence I needed to succeed. I want to thank my parents for teaching me secular and spiritual things. I want to thank all my primary teachers, young womens leaders, relief society teachers for their love and concern and for their testimonies that helped carry me through all my growing up years. You have taught me some of the most important things I could have ever learned.

I've decided that even though I can't go back to school in the very near future, I am going to make this scripture my motto until I do- D&C 109:7 ". . .seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith." I can teach myself all the things I want to learn (or the internet can!) and I know I will be so much the better for it.

So once again, thank you to all my educators. You know who you are. And you are all amazing.

One of those rare moments my roommates actually caught me studying. :) Fall 2007

1 comment:

chenry said...

I just took the time to catch up on all your blogs. I love them all! Thanks for taking the time to write about life. Mine happens.....but goes undocumented for the most part. We miss you guys but hope to see you in a week or two!