May 13, 2010

I Never Really Was That Good At Math. . .

Math? Science? No, not so much my forte. History? English? Yes, yes indeed. I could handle those subjects. In fact, I love English and History. Math, not so much. I don't necessarily HATE math, it just doesn't come too easily for me. I'm not so good at it.

So, why am I talking about math here? Well, I had a visit to the doctor yesterday and I found out something that's kinda crazy. I only thought I was 14 weeks along. I was informed I am 16 weeks along. Somewhere in this pregnancy I lost two weeks. And I am totally ok with that. :)

Yes, we're expecting again! And, as you can imagine, we waited this long to tell everyone outside of immediate family because of our last pregnancy and my sudden, "I'm pregnant!" post and then a few days later, "I miscarried" post. Sorry to keep you all out of the loop, but honestly, until today, I really didn't even let myself get excited about this pregnancy, for fear that I would lose it. I know, I know, where's my faith, right? Reality was interfering.

So, now that the news is out, I'll update you on the last few months and my keeping quiet. :) I started feeling nasty and nauseous about the end of February. Smells would send me spiraling downward toward a toilet. And I could never puke. Hated it. I only threw up once. I just wanted relief! But, I am mostly over all that now. I still get the occasional bout of nausea but, for the most part, I am over it. Thank goodness! As far as being tired, HOLY CRAP. I am convinced if I was left alone to sleep for 20 hours out of the day, I could have. I felt exhausted all the time. I just wanted to nap all day, every day. Now I have a lot more energy, but I still get tired way easily. Other than that, no crazy cravings (yet) and lots of weird, vivid dreams. Oh, and I'm getting fat. Yippee! :) Seriously, not liking the thick mid-section, but there's gotta be some room for new baby Calaway, right? I guess I can stretch for him/her. :)

Oh, and we're not gonna find out the sex. Sorry. We want to be surprised, so you get to be surprised with us! Isn't that fun?? :) We decided we want Christmas to come early this year, in the form of the newest member of our little family.

I'm due October 29th. Yes, that would be the day before my 23rd birthday. Happy Birthday to me! Who knows, maybe I will share my birthday with our baby! That would be pretty awesome.

I have ultrasound pictures to show you too, so I hope you enjoy them as much as I am enjoying them. I think I could look at this new little wee babe all day long. I've fallen in love again. :) I think Dallin has too. We already love this little alien creature inside of me. (Seriously, some of the pictures today were scarily similar to the aliens on Independence Day. Thank goodness at our next appointment he/she will look more normal! :))

So, here they are, enjoy!! Oh, and Hillary, Ashley Furness, or Tammy Furness, Sadie, anybody that has contact with Bishop Egbert: Please tell him for us that we are expecting. He told us he wanted to know when I was pregnant again. Thank you a million!



Profile Picture. This kid did NOT want to be photographed today. The fact that we got this shot was quite amazing.

See the hand at the mouth? Every time we tried to look at his/her face, he/she covered it's face with their hand or would turn their face downward. Pretty cute for an alien baby though. :)

15 comments:

Heidi B. said...

YAY Ashley and Dallin!!! I am SO excited for you! That is funny about your math, because I am the same exact way. In fact, my math was off two weeks too, but the other way. According to my last period, I should have also been due on October 29th! But, since my body decided to ovulate late or something, we lost two weeks and I am now due November 17th. I can't believe that you have kept it a secret this whole time! and, good for you for wanting the baby to be a surprise. I wanted to, for this one, but Jerrod is "MR. PREPARED MAN" and thinks it is just crazy to come home from the hospital without every little thing out and ready for the baby. I guess since he is my "MR. DO EVERYTHING FOR MY WIFE WHEN SHE IS PREGNANT" I really shouldn't complain, because I know that I won't have to do much to get ready for the baby. He is crazy, but I love him!
I can't wait to see what that little Calaway baby looks like. I just imagine him/her coming out with tons of dark beautiful hair, and of course just beautiful!
Congrats! I am really so excited for you two!
(Sorry this was so long)
Love you both!
Heidi

Em and Ms said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I'm glad everything is going well and that you're starting to feel better. I had the same problem with nausea with both kids--couldn't throw up and it really does get to a point where you want to. Crazy stuff. Trust me though, when you get to the end you won't want to share a birthday with your baby :) That would make you overdue and that is NOT fun. Good luck with everything and we're so happy for you.

PRP said...

I'm so excited for you! You were born to be a mother and will love every second of this journey. keep us posted!

Megan said...

Yeah! I'm so excited my baby will have another Calaway cousin born the same year as mine!!! We only have 2nd cousins to get excited about - I hope you guys end up close so they can grow up together!

Heather said...

So happy for you! Like Karen said, you were born for this! Hold on, it's a long and bumpy ride, but the best ride EVAH!

Unknown said...

Ashley! I am so excited for you guys congrats that is so great! I am glad you weren't sick for a long time! That is the worst! I will let Bishop know next time I see him for sure! Congrats and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! If you have any questions please feel free to call me anytime!

Jill said...

Yeah thats so exciting im so happy for you guys! You are brave to wait to find out i dont have any sort of patients like you!

Tyler, Alexis, Karielle and Jillian said...

Congrata Ash! I'm excited and very happy for you. I know how it is to wait "just in case". I've done that with both my living kiddos. Enjoy your pregnacy. You'll miss it when it's over!

Matt and Crystal said...

Oh thats is the best news i've heard all day! Congratulations! You're going to be a great mom. Keep your blog updated for the next couple of months!

dandee said...

Oh, congratulations! This is such an exciting time in your life. Savor it.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

YES! You're waiting to find out--I am so glad. You won't regret it. I knew, but still, reading your post made my day--hooray, I love being an aunt.

Jenna said...

I can't believe you're waiting to find out! How fun! You are a good little secret keeper :) I'm glad you're feeling better! And hopefully you'll start feeling the baby move soon. Yay!

calawayfamily said...

Come on seriously ash? waiting to find out what it is is no fun =[ i dont like it and niether does grandpa so i say we should find out what it is =] love u guys and we are proud of u both =]

tharker said...

ASHLEY! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys. Karen's totally right. You are going to be such a great mother!

So glad you're starting to feel better. And hey, you just got two weeks knocked off of your due date...bonus!!

ashley mikell said...

congrats! my dad's excited for you!