May 17, 2010

The Weekend And Some Yummyness

Dallin and I went home to Pasco this weekend for Quentin's farewell (which was wonderful). We're starting to hate the road between here and Pasco though. We've made that trip so many times lately, we're going insane! Thank goodness the next time we make the trip we'll be there for a month.

But, on to other subjects. Like the fun we had this weekend! Saturday we helped my mom and dad with yard work, which was wonderful, because I have been itching to get out and plant flowers. I don't know why, but I have been wanting a garden so much this summer! But, being that we live in an apartment with a little deck, I don't think that's gonna happen. Someday, someday. Tara and Emiline were down from Yakima and David and the boys joined them Saturday night and we had some fun hanging out with them. On Sunday, since my parents church doesn't start til 1:00, the kids were running wild until about noon, and Dallin and the boys got into a dog pile/wrestling match. It was pretty entertaining. Emiline observed from the background, occasionally running around the destruction giggling. Of course, I had my camera ready and caught it all on film. Er, on an SD? Whatever. You know what I mean.







These kids are total characters. We were laughing so hard all weekend. Here's my favorite shot of Emi.


She may look like she isn't wearing any clothes, but she does have on a diaper and some little bloomers. Just look at that facial expression. Love it.

We had a great time this weekend and loved every moment and can't wait for the month of June! Hooray!

So, while contemplating what to make for dinner this evening, I decided to peruse the Pioneer Woman website. She is an amazing cook and I love trying her recipes. I was given her cookbook for my last birthday from Rachel and Chad and Nate and Staci, to whom I am eternally grateful. This recipe was her Chicken Pot Pie recipe. And oh Hannah, it was delicious. Her pie crust was heavenly and the mix of everything inside the crust was perfect. Dallin added some Tapatio to his portion for a little kick and he loved it. I give it a solid two thumbs up! :) Here it is right out of the oven (please ignore the slightly burnt crust. It still tasted delicious!)





I will post the recipe on here later this week. Trust me, you WANT to make this. It's super easy and super yummy. And the beautiful thing about the Pioneer Woman's recipes is, most often, she uses ingredients that you have on hand all the time. She's thoughtful like that. If you haven't heard of the Pioneer Woman, or you haven't ventured over to her site, click here. You will fall in love. In fact, I think Dallin sometimes wonders if she comes first in my life. That's when I hurriedly assure him that she does. Totally kidding! :) But seriously, she's awesome and I love her. And you will to. And if you just happen to have a few hours of spare time, read the story of how she met her husband. Oh my gosh, it's amazing. Then again, I am a total romance junkie. I love a good love story. (Not like the harlequin dirty romance novels. Promise.) Just good old fashioned love. :) Anyhow, check her out. And now, since it is 12:15 am, I am going to go to bed. Buenas Noches.

2 comments:

Matt and Crystal said...

I love your parents house, its been so long since I've been there, I forgot what it looked like! But you're in Washington all June? Thats perfect. Matt and I are coming into town the end of June for Michaels homecoming. We'll have to get together!

chenry said...

Ash, you need the great little pampered chef pie crust rings that keep your crust from getting too dark around the edges. It still looks delicious though! It was a fun weekend! Looking forward to June!