May 6, 2010

Milks Favorite Cookie

Last night I had this wonderful idea to make the most delicious cookies ever. And so I did. And they were delicious. These cookies, folks, are pretty difficult to make, but they are so worth it. Ok, who am I kidding? They're quite possibly the EASIEST cookie to make. Homemade Oreo's. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is. I think I need to go grab one. . . or not. I don't need any extra weight around the middle, seeing as swimsuit season is fast approaching. If you have ever had an Oreo Cakester and loved it, then you will love these cookies x10. Even if you haven't had an Oreo Cakester or if you don't even like Oreo's in general, you will love these. They will become your favorite "go-to" cookie. So, without further ado, let me share the recipe and some delicious looking pictures for you all to enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
2 Eggs
2/3 Cup shortening

(Yes, that's really all the ingredients)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together until well blended, then shape into small balls. (well, whatever size cookie you want. I make mine small so that they are similar sized to an actual Oreo, but you can make em big if you wanna! Just remember, the smaller they are, the more you can eat and not feel guilty about, right?! Right?? Please, just agree with me!) Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes and then let cool. Frost with either vanilla or cream cheese frosting and smoosh cookies together, like an Oreo. And, voila! Homemade Oreos!

If I am feeling particularly ambitious, I make homemade cream cheese frosting. Last night, however, I was not, so I used some Betty Crocker Vanilla frosting out of the can, and you know what? It's amazing. So, don't be ambitious. It's totally over-rated. I promise. And now, the pictures. Yay! :)






Now, go make some! And enjoy them for me, please. :)

6 comments:

Attitude of Gratitude said...

I think that even I, what with my sub-par cooking skills can pull these puppies off! Can't wait to try them. Yum!

Megan said...

YUM! Now I'm sad I already made snickerdoodles today b/c now I want to make these. Did your guys serve these at Kendra's wedding lunch? I just remember there being really good chocolate cookies there. If they're not I think you should also post that recipe!

Jennilyn Kent said...

My kids love these cookies. We took them to preschool for coopers birthday and we rolled the edges in multicolored sprinkles. The teachers all wanted to know the recipe. I told there was no recipe! I love them when they are chilled. We also make cake box cookies and put a rolo or a resses in the middle of them.

Marcus said...

We were the lucky recipients of some of them and they were the bomb! Now I want to make them!

ashley said...

Uh, yes Marcus, please do. Ash, these cookies are the bomb!

Heather said...

Love me some homemade Oreo's. Marcus is a hallowed name in our house for introducing our family to this culinary genious.

I'm really hungry.