May 9, 2010

My Angel Mother


(Wasn't she a total babe?? Who am I kidding, she still is!)


"Yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."

I don't know that there was ever a time in my life that I doubted my mother knowing the gospel was true. In everything she did, she was an example of what she hoped we all would be. I owe all that I am to my mother. She has taught me how to cook, how to sew, how to sing, but more importantly, how to love, how to share, how to be the best person I can be. She is my best friend and my confidant. I love her with all my heart. Thank you, Mom, for being such an amazing person. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!



This wouldn't be a complete post without my expressing my gratitude for my amazing Mother-in-law, Valerie as well. As I have been in the family now for about a year and a half, my relationship with Valerie has been strengthened and I am so grateful for all she has done and all she continues to do for me. We became a lot closer while Dallin and I lived with she and Jeff from January to April. I was amazed by her selflessness, her love for all she came in contact with, her dedication and her faith. I learned so much from her while we lived there. I am so grateful for the wonderful woman she is and I am so proud to be her daughter-in-law. Thank you, Valerie, for being another mother and example that I can look to. You have become one of my best friends and I love you. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: